Donald Cammell's extraordinary 'White Of The Eye' will be released on dual format on 31st March. Here's the final spec, and look out for a review here shortly.
• Brand new high definition digital transfer of the film from the original camera negative
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film, available in the UK for the first time
• Original uncompressed Stereo PCM audio
• Optional English SDH subtitles on the main feature
• Audio commentary by Donald Cammell biographer Sam Umland
• Donald Cammell: The Ultimate Performance – This feature length documentary by Kevin Macdonald and Chris Rodley looks over the life and career of the rebel filmmaker and features interviews with Cammell and his closest friends, family and colleagues including Nicolas Roeg, Mick Jagger, Kenneth Anger, James Fox and many more
• The Argument – a 1972 short film by Cammell, gorgeously shot by Vilmos Zsigmond in the Utah Desert. Rediscovered and assembled by Cammell’s regular editor Frank Mazzola in 1999, it is viewable with optional commentary by Sam Umland
• Rare deleted scenes, newly transferred from the original camera negative, with commentary by Sam Umland
• The flashback scenes as originally shot, prior to the bleach bypass processing that they underwent in the final film
• Original theatrical trailer
• Alternate credits sequence
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Brad Stevens and Sam Umland, and a previously unpublished
extract from the memoirs of producer Elliott Kastner, illustrated with original archive stills.